If you or a family member were injured in a motor vehicle accident caused – completely or partially - by a South Australian-registered motor vehicle, you may be eligible to make a claim against the South Australian CTP Scheme. This includes if you were:

  • a passenger
  • a pedestrian
  • a motorcyclist
  • a cyclist
  • using a motorised wheelchair, gopher or scooter
  • another road user.

Single-vehicle accidents

If you were the at-fault driver in a single vehicle accident, you are not covered for your injuries. The exception to this is a claim for very serious, lifelong injuries that may be covered by the Lifetime Support Scheme.

If you were a passenger in a single-vehicle accident, you may be eligible to make a claim for your injuries if the driver was at fault.

Unregistered and unidentified vehicles

If the at-fault vehicle is unregistered (and therefore uninsured) or unidentified i.e. a hit-and-run accident, cover for your injuries may be available under the Nominal Defendant Scheme. The Regulator will allocate your claim to one of the insurers to manage. Contact our Enquiries Line to find out more.

Interstate at-fault vehicles

If the at-fault vehicle is registered and insured for CTP in another state or territory, please contact the relevant interstate CTP authority to find out if you are able to make a claim through its CTP scheme.