Resources for health providers:

Payment of invoices

In order for payment for your services to be considered, an injured person must lodge a CTP claim with the CTP Insurer of the at-fault vehicle. Cover for medical treatment and care will depend on their eligibility and whether their claim is accepted.

The injured person should provide you with their claim number (the CTP Insurer and the Regulator cannot provide you with this information). To be certain of having your services funded, you should seek prior approval from the CTP Insurer.

Information for injured people

The Regulator’s brochure Recovering from your motor vehicle accident injuries has been developed to help injured people understand the claims process in the CTP Scheme, including:

  • how the CTP Scheme works
  • what they should expect from CTP Insurers
  • what is meant by ‘reasonable and necessary’ treatment services
  • their rights and responsibilities.