View the Regulator Rules.
The Regulator Rules are designed to ensure fairness, transparency and consistency of service standards for injured persons about claims management and dispute resolution processes.
The Regulator Rules are amended from time to time as required by the Regulator. View historical versions of the Regulator Rules. The rules do not override or substitute CTP Insurers’ obligations under the Motor Vehicles Act 1959, the Civil Liability Act 1936 and other relevant legislation or applicable common law. Those obligations prevail over the Regulator Rules to the extent of any inconsistency.
Regulator Rules have been made regarding:
- Market practice
- Brand marketing
- CTP Insurer obligations
- Incentives and inducements
- Claimant obligations
- Information and privacy
- Claims management
- Independent assessments and reports
- ISV medical assessments and reports
- Cost of travel
- Use of third party service providers
- Children’s claims
- Assessment of reasonable and necessary treatment, care and support services
- Court approval in claims of persons under legal incapacity
- Settlement payments
- Lifetime Support Scheme
- Disputed claims