To make a CTP claim, you will need to lodge a claim form with the at-fault vehicle's CTP Insurer. Find out the CTP Insurer of the at-fault vehicle using EzyReg.

Give as much detail as you can when completing this form. Providing detailed, accurate information about the accident and your injuries helps in the quick and efficient processing of your claim.

Complete and submit your form within six months of the accident, or as soon as reasonably practicable if the at-fault vehicle was unable to be identified or was unregistered at the time of the accident.

If you know the number plate of the at-fault vehicle, you can use EzyReg to find out which CTP Insurer will manage your claim. Enter the accident date and vehicle’s plate number to search for the CTP Insurer or contact us. Enter the insurer name in the ‘Identify the CTP Insurer managing your claim’ section of the claim form.

If the at-fault vehicle’s number plate is unknown to you or the vehicle was unregistered when the accident happened, a claim form needs to be lodged with ‘Unknown or unregistered vehicle' selected.

When you lodge a claim, it must be supported by an opinion of a medical practitioner. Download and print this medical certificate, and give to a doctor (e.g. GP or hospital doctor) to complete with information about your injury. Submit your completed Certificate when lodging your claim. For more information about the Certificate, please refer to our Medical Certificate Fact Sheet with FAQs.

It will be easier to complete and lodge your claim form by having the below information ready to submit to the CTP Insurer managing your claim:

  • Email address if lodging online.
  • Vehicle collision report number from the police. This is needed in the police report area of the 'Accident' section of the claim form.
  • Proof of identity and age. This must be a copy of your driver’s licence if you were a driver in the accident. Copies of other documents can be used if you were not a driver e.g. a copy of your birth certificate or passport.
  • Copies of breath, drug, and blood alcohol analysis documents if relevant and where available.
  • Evidence of loss of income or earning capacity (e.g. payslips) if claiming loss of income.
  • Copies of receipts if claiming reimbursement for expenses.

Remember to save a copy of the completed form for your records.

The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for the CTP Insurer handling your claim to process. They will review your claim form and ensure all necessary and available information has been provided.

If you have included enough information for them to do so, the CTP Insurer will make an initial assessment of the claim and your eligibility. If you have not provided enough information, they will contact you.  They may not be able to proceed with your claim until they have all their required information.

You must provide honest and accurate information (and must not deliberately withhold information).

There are two claim forms: one for injury and one for fatality.

For an injury, click either link below:

For a fatality, click on either link below:

The online forms work best with computers and modern and up-to-date web browsers. This includes Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Apple Safari.

If you do not have access to a computer or printer, forms can be posted to you by calling the CTP Regulator Enquiries Line on 1300 303 558.

Login and access a saved claim form to add or change information.

Contact the CTP Insurer of the at-fault vehicle for help.

The CTP Regulator can also be contacted if there are enquiries about lodging a claim.
Phone1300 303 558, 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.

If you need an interpreter please telephone the Interpreting and Translating Centre on 1800 280 203 and ask to be connected to the CTP Regulator.

While the time limit to lodge your claim is set by law, there are some exceptions which are set out in Regulations, for example due to your injury or disability, or if the at-fault vehicle was unidentified or unregistered.

The time limit to lodge your claim with the CTP Insurer is different from the time limit to issue a court action required at law, under the Limitation of Actions Act 1936, if you are unable to settle your claim. Go to more information on settling your claim at the bottom of this page.

If you are unsure of your responsibilities with these critical time limits, you should contact your insurer, if known, or contact the Regulator to discuss them.

What happens next?