Notify the CTP Insurer of the at-fault vehicle

  • If you are the owner or person in charge of the at-fault vehicle in an accident and someone was injured, you must notify your CTP Insurer as soon as possible by completing an Accident Report Form (ARF). This can be completed electronically via the Lodging your claim form page.
  • Under Section 124(1) of the Motor Vehicles Act 1959 (the MV Act), you are required by law to cooperate with the CTP Insurer and give written notice of the accident (via the ARF) as soon as practicable. A substantial penalty applies under Section 124A(2) of the MV Act if you do not do so.
  • If you are not sure of the at-fault vehicle’s insurer but you have their number plate details, go to EzyReg and select the ‘check registration expiry date’ tab, or contact the CTP Regulator.

Complete the required forms if you are eligible to make a claim for your injuries

More information

Download the Regulator's brochure Information for motor vehicle owners and drivers