What you can claim
Compensation for non-economic loss includes:
- pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of your injuries
- inconveniences such as attending medical treatment or therapy
- loss of enjoyment/amenity of life (no longer being able to do the things you used to do), or
Compensation for non-economic loss may only be awarded under Section 52(4) of the Civil Liability Act 1936 (the CL Act) if the applicable ISV for to the dominant injury is 11-100. Find about about minimum ISV requirements.
A CTP Insurer may agree to pay, or a Court may award, compensation for non-economic loss when your ISV rating is 0-10 if:
- the consequences of your injury are considered exceptional when compared to other cases with the same injuries, and
- applying an ISV less than the minimum would be harsh and unjust.