To lodge a CTP claim, you will need to lodge a claim form with the at-fault-vehicle's CTP Insurer.

Find out who the CTP Insurer is

You will need to know the number plate for the at-fault vehicle in order to find out who the CTP Insurer is. You can use the EzyReg services and enter the vehicle’s plate number:

  • online at EzyReg – select the ‘Check registration expiry date’ option, or
  • through the EzyReg smartphone app.

Unknown or uninsured vehicle

If the at-fault motor vehicle involved in the accident was unknown or unregistered (and therefore uninsured for CTP), or the at-fault driver did not stop to provide their details, a claim can be made under the Nominal Defendant Scheme.

If you make a claim under this scheme the Regulator will allocate your claim to one of the CTP Insurers, who will require you to complete an Injury Claim Form which can be completed via the Lodging your claim form page.

For more information about the Nominal Defendant Scheme, please contact us.

Lodge your claim form

Find out how to lodge your claim form with the CTP Insurer.

The next steps

Click the links below for more information about: